What’s up at the Quaker Oats Living Proof Event?
Quaker and Ogilvy PR (can you say, “Mad Men?”) are going to wine and dine us Friday night. We’re staying at the Hard Rock Hotel, too, but aren’t going to have much time to enjoy it since they’ll be keeping us bloggers busy all day Saturday:
- Eating at the Oatmealpalooza Breakfast Bar, an impressive spread of oatmeal and other Quaker breakfast products in the Quaker cafeteria. I love oatmeal. It’s the British in me.
- Meeting the Quaker Man. Did you know that there are only three cast-iron Quaker Man statues nationwide, and that they are almost never seen outside of official ad work? We’ll be the first bloggers to meet, photograph and shoot video with the Quaker Man. Don’t laugh. I remember how crazy everyone went over the Michelin Man at BlogHer 2008.
- Checking out the PepsiCo Chicago Sustainability Center. The PepsiCo Chicago Sustainability Center is next to Quaker Oats’ headquarters. (PepsiCo is its parent company – bet you didn’t know that.) It illustrates the company’s commitment to human, environmental and talent sustainability. We’ll be the first bloggers in the door.
- Hanging out with a celebrity attendee. A surprise guest expected to attend and will be sharing healthy cooking tips with the group. Who could this be?
- Attending roundtable discussions. I’ve given Quaker feedback on topics I’m interested in talking about such as organic products, the use of high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oils, and reducing waste in their packaging. I also want to discuss better nutrition and healthy eating ideas for kids.
- Doing interviews. We’ll have the opportunity to interview leading cardiologist Dr. Annabelle Volgman, nutritionist Dave Grotto and other Quaker notables. I’ll be sharing my interviews on my blogs.
- Dinner at a Chicago-area restaurant with members of the Quaker team. I hope they take us someplace extraordinary. Then again, I’d settle for really good Polish food, deep dish pizza, or a trip to the Billy Goat Tavern – you know, Cheezborger! Cheezborger! No fries, cheeps! No Pepsi, Coke!
And they’re going to make us cook! We’re having a blogger food competition and the rumor is that the celebrity attendee may be the judge.
Finally, we have a free day on Sunday. I’m tempted to see friends, but the Field Museum is calling my name, especially the Aztec World exhibit. Hmmmm, oatmeal and anthropology all in one weekend. Can’t wait!
|Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed.|