Kelly Ripa and Electrolux are teaming up to encourage Americans to open virtual lemonade stands to help raise funds and awareness for the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund (OCRF) this summer, I was all over it. For every lemonade stand opened at electroluxappliances.com, Electrolux will donate $1 to help support this worthy cause.
In addition, you help the cause even more by buying virtual glasses of lemonade at my my lemonade stand. You can make a donation of $1 up to $50, which can be paid via your PayPal account, by credit card or bank account. 100 percent of the proceeds will go to OCRF as well.
Make a glass of real lemonade
- 2 part club soda
- 1 part citron base
- Approx 1 part fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 parts simple syrup (equal parts sugar /water, dissolved – or use Torani Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup
- Spring herbs
- Basil and mint, or
- Rosemary and mint, or
- Oregano and mint
- Add a kick of fresh ginger juice
- Run fresh ginger root over a fine grater (not a microplane) and squeeze the pulp by hand, collecting the juice. This stuff in incredibly hot/spicy - just add to taste.
- Garnish with spring herbs that are torn by hand (not muddled) and added to the pitcher or glass just before serving.