Peet's Coffee and Tea recently introduced its first new permanent coffee blend in eight years – Uzuri African Blend. Named by the Kenyan, Tanzanian and Rwandan farmers who grow the beans, Uzuri means “excellent and beautiful” in Swahili.
What makes this coffee even more special is that Peet's collaborated with the nonprofit TechnoServe to bring the distinct flavors of East Africa, the birthplace of coffee, to American coffee drinkers while creating a sustainable business model for thousands of farmers and their communities. Through farmer training and improved processing, the farmers are now producing coffee that meets Peet's strict quality standards, earning them around 30% more for their crop.
Uzuri African Blend is available in grocery stores nationwide from February 15 to March 31, 2010. Starting March 3, you can order it in Peet's coffeehouses and at Peets.com, where it will become a permanent addition to Peet's collection of signature blends. The coffee sells for $13.95 a pound on the Peet’s website.
Peet’s Uzuri African Blend review and giveaway
My husband Paul is the resident coffee drinker in our family, so I had him try the Peet’s coffee sample I received from their PR firm. Paul made it in a Bodum Chambord French Press, the way he likes to make coffee on the weekend.
Then he added his usual amount of milk and sugar, took a sip and said, “Now I know why people are so passionate about Peet’s Coffee. This is good stuff!” I took a small sip and agreed that it was very rich and not too bitter.
All you have to do is tell me how you like to make your coffee! Do you use a French press or a drip coffee pot? Do you like it black or with lots of milk and sugar? Are you an espresso drinker or do you prefer lattes?
Giveaway closed - thanks to everyone who entered and congrats to our winners:
Here’s how to enter my Peet’s coffee giveaway:
- Simply answer the question, “How do you like to make your coffee?” in the comments below along with your name, email address, and blog URL (if you have one) for ONE entry.
- Sign up for This Mama Cooks! Review’s RSS feed for ONE entry.
- Sign up for my enewsletter for ONE entry.
- Spread the word about this giveaway by submitting a link to this post on Twitter for ONE entry. You must leave your username for that site in your comment so I can check.
- If you have done any of these extra activities you MUST come back here and leave a comment telling me what you did. I will be checking!
- Maximum amount of entries at This Mama Cooks! Reviews is FOUR – leaving a comment here (1), signing up for my enewsletter (1), signing up for my RSS feed (1), and using Twitter to let people know about the giveaway(1).
- If you’ve already signed up for my enewsletter or RSS Feed during another one of my giveaways, just let me know and I’ll count that activity towards this giveaway.
- You have until midnight MT on Monday, March 15, 2010 to enter.
- FIVE winners will be chosen at random.
- You must be willing to send me your full name and mailing address so I can pass your information on to Peet’s PR firm so they can mail out your coffee.
- I will also announce the winners on this blog. I will not share your mailing info with the public, just your name. If you have a blog, I will link back to it when I announce the winners.
One 12 ounce bag of Peet’s Uzuri African Blend coffee is valued at approximately $9.99. This giveaway is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States or D.C and must be 18 years of age and older. No purchase required. My family or household members may not enter.
Disclosure: I was given one 12 ounce bag of Peet’s coffee to sample.