Organic Batter Blaster Review
I had heard about Organic Batter Blaster from friends a couple of years ago when it was being sold at Costco. They loved its convenience, price, taste and that it was organic. Since my daughter, Lucie, was allergic to eggs at the time, I didn’t try it.
Well, Lucie has grown out of her egg allergy just in time for us to give Organic Batter Blaster a test run since the folks at Batter Blaster sent me some sample coupons.
First, we went shopping at Safeway and found the product in the egg case. (Use the website locator to find a store near you.)
Next, I invited Lucie’s friend, her mom, and her little brother to come over for a playdate and pancake lunch. My friend, Michelle, was very interested in trying out Organic Batter Blaster since her kids love pancakes but she prefers serving organic food whenever possible.
I got the double griddle going while the kids played. Using the spray can (like a whipped cream can) was easy – you can get the exact pancake size you want and even make funny shapes. I also tried it with some pancake molds, but wasn’t as successful since the batter wasn’t thick enough.
All in all, the kids enjoyed the pancakes immensely. Michelle and I thought they were pretty tasty too – fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside, with a sweet and buttery taste.
- Cleanup – No bowls, measuring cups and spoons, and spatulas to clean up, just the dishes and a frying pan or pancake griddle. No drips and flour or pancake mix all over the stove top and counters to clean up either.
- Convenience – Having a can of Organic Batter Blaster in the fridge makes it easy to cook up a few pancakes for the kids on a school day morning or for a snack. This product would be great for RV camping, too.
- Nutrition – Low in fat. Two small pancakes are only 80 calories.
- Fun factor – You can “draw” with Organic Batter Blaster and make fun shapes and letters.
- Size and cost – We went through one can in one meal. (Two adults, one big kid who eats more than the adults, and three little kids.) Since my Safeway sold it for $5.29, going through one per meal is a bit pricey. (Back when they were sold at Costco, you bought a three-pack for $9.99.) Making pancakes from scratch or using a mix, eggs and milk is much cheaper.
- Organic and “natural” ingredients – The ingredient list isn’t bad, though some ingredients, like sodium lactate and dicalcium phosphate, aren’t things I’d usually use when making pancakes. In some ways Organic Batter Blaster fails the “if your grandmother wouldn’t recognize this ingredient, don’t eat it” test.
- Nutrition – Low in fiber.
- Inconvenience – It is hard to add things like fruit to these pancakes though you could attempt to sprinkle some ground flax seed or place some berries on the batter while it’s cooking for a nutritional or flavor boost.
Overall - a thumbs up for Organic Batter Blaster
The ultimate test of product is if I would buy it again. I will be buying Organic Batter Blaster when we go camping this summer since we have a small refrigerator in our popup camper. (You need to keep it refrigerated.) Anything that tastes good, is pretty decent nutritionally/organically, and prevents me from cleaning up a bunch of bowls is a good thing when camping. I don’t mind paying extra for the convenience.
Organic Batter Blaster Giveaway
I have EIGHT free sample coupons to giveaway for you to try Organic Batter Blaster. Please go to their website to make sure it’s sold in your area before entering this giveaway.
Giveaway closed! Congrats to:
- Terri A.
- Paige P. @EcoMom22
- Deanna K. of Beautiful Memories to Movies
- Kim S.
- Michelle @PinkBlush99
- Shannon S. @Frogger097
Here’s how to enter:
- Just leave your name, email address, and blog URL (if you have one) in the comments below for ONE entry.
- If you have a blog, feel free to post about this contest on it for ONE entry.
- Sign up for This Mama Cooks! Review’s RSS feed for ONE entry.
- Sign up for my enewsletter for ONE entry.
- Spread the word about this giveaway by submitting a link to this post on Twitter for ONE entry. You must leave your username for that site in your comment so I can check.
- If you have done any of these activities you MUST come back here and leave a comment telling me what you did. I will be checking!
- Maximum amount of entries at This Mama Cooks! Reviews is FIVE – leaving a comment here (1), posting about it on your blog (1), signing up for my enewsletter (1), signing up for my RSS feed (1), and using Twitter to let people know about the giveaway(1).
- If you’ve already signed up for my enewsletter or RSS Feed, during another one of my giveaways, just let me know and I’ll count that activity towards this giveaway.
- You have until midnight MT on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 to enter.
- EIGHT winners will be chosen at random.
- You must be willing to send me your full name and mailing address so I mail out your sample coupon.
- I will also announce the winners on this blog. I will not share your mailing info with the public, just your name. If you have a blog, I will link back to it when I announce the winners.
Each coupon is valued at approximately $5.29 depending on what Organic Batter Blaster sells for in your area. This giveaway is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States or D.C and must be 18 years of age and older. No purchase required. My family or household members may not enter.
Disclosure: Organic Batter Blaster sent me sample coupons to try out their products, give to my friends and to giveaway on this blog.