It’s almost been two months since I’ve received my Frigidaire Gallery Freestanding Electric Range and Frigidaire Gallery Over-The-Range Microwave. I think we’re finally out of the honeymoon phase. I no longer pet them and call them My Precious (sick, I know). But they do make me happy and I love to show them off to friends who come over.
So, have the new appliances saved me time? The answer to that is…
- The kids can easily heat up their own microwave meals and oatmeal in the morning.
- It’s easy and quick to defrost ground meat.
- Water for spaghetti boils faster.
- Soup heats up more quickly on the stovetop. Sometimes it’s even easier to heat up soup on the stove than it is in the microwave.
- Eggs and pancakes are done in no time.
- The convection oven cooks dishes quicker and loses less energy. (It probably saves me money, too.)
- And clean up is quick and easy. I came home the other night from giving a workshop. My husband and kids made pesto from scratch and spaghetti. While they cleared off the sink and counter, the stove top was a mess. After trying to wipe up the spills with a sponge, I got out a special acrylic pad I bought that is just for ceramic top stove. Using some of the special ceramic top cleanser that came with the stove, I had that baby looking new again in about five minutes. With my old electric stove, I would have had to soak the plates under the burners and spend at least half an hour scraping off the baked on mess underneath them.
So what am I doing with all my extra time? I haven’t a clue. After all, a mom’s work is never done since there’s always something I’m working on. Still, meals are getting made more quickly and I love cooking with my new Frigidaire appliances. The happiness quotient has definitely gone up since they arrived.